- Mahoning River Watershed
- A very good general resource for information about the Mahoning River. The site includes excellent sections on: basic information, history of the river, a basic overview of the Mahoning River Restoration Project, photos, maps, and more.
- The Mahoning River Education Project
In spring 2002, Girard High School and Struthers
Middle School piloted the Mahoning River Education Project (MREP).
The MREP is a hands-on, experiential approach to learning about
the place where we live.
In the spring of 2003, four school districts and
nine will be involved in the MREP: Girard Middle, Junior High &
High School; Struthers Middle School; Campbell Middle School;
and East, Hayes, and West middle schools and Volney Rogers
Junior High in the Youngstown Schools. For more information,
visit the Mahoning River Education Project website. If your
school district is interested, please have your superintendent
- Trumbull Canoe
Watersheds Network, OSU Extension
- The Ohio Watershed Network (OWN) provides
information to community members and natural resources
professionals who want to protect the resources in their
watershed. We take a social science-based approach to guiding
local organizations in developing and meeting their goals.
- NANFA (North American Native
North American Native Fishes Association, Inc. (NANFA) is a
not-for-profit, tax-exempt corporation dedicated to the
appreciation, study and conservation of the continent's native
Gallery of Ohio's Native Fishes
- Audobon Society
of Mahoning Valley
- Audubon's mission is to conserve and restore
natural ecosystems, focusing on birds, other wildlife, and their
habitats for the benefit of humanity and the earth's biological
- Girard Multi-Generational Center